Re: [Ekiga-list] Estreet SIP account and Ekiga

"JCA" == JCA  <1 41421 gmail com> writes:

JCA> Thanks for your reply. You are right in that as.estreet.com does not
JCA> resolve. However, using estreet.com does not fix the problem; it just
JCA> changes the error diagnostic to 'Could not register (Not found)'.

When a specified sip name lacks a or aaaa records, there usually are
either naptr or srv records which the sip ua can use to find the remote
host.

Neither as.estreet.com naptr, nor _sip._udp.as.estreet.com exist.

I don't know how linphone was able to connect.

Next step, then, is to use something like ngrep or wireshark to watch
the packets and see what linphone sends and receives.  That would
explain how linphone gets from the name as.estreet.com to a working host.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos jhcloos com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6