Re: [Ekiga-list] Request for a new feature

On 03/14/2013 05:47 PM, geo cherchetout wrote:
Hello,

When answering a call, I think it would be usefull to automatically send
an optional command. For example, a command to mute the loudspeaker
output of the soundcard.

I would second that request. Even better, would be to run a user script on events. For example on Answer I would have "/local/bin/phone answer" which would boost audio output, un-mute micphone and change mic level. On hangup I would have "/local/bin/phone hangup" which return audio output to normal, reset mic level and mute it.

I can see how a deaf person would like to run a script to blink lights upon ring or incoming call so they know get in front of the web cam and answer a call.