Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 4.0.1 for windows default SIP account

Hi Eugen,

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:24:35 +0200, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 13/06/13 06:21, M. Ibrahim wrote:
Hi,

We are about to deploy Ekiga as softphone in our company, but our users
experienced difficulties in using Ekiga 4.0.1 under Windows i.e:

    1. They have to type the SIP registrar hostname/IP address after the
    extension.
         Is there any way to create a default account so we can dial the
    extension directly?
Could you please give an example and also tell if ekiga is registered or
not?

Note that if you are registered, when typing the address the combobox
opens with the current registrar.  Is not this good enough?

Ekiga was already registered to our Asterisk and whenever we typed an extension number in the address bar
using either keyboard or the dialpad the registrar hostname/IP address was not appended.
We used Ekiga 3.2.7 before and it was automatically append the registrar's hostname/IP address.

    2. There is no clear button to clear existing entry in the address
    bar. This is more likely a feature request.
Is double-clicking in URL bar + Backspace enough for them?

Damien, Julien, do you think it is good to add a Clear button near the
Call button in dialpad?

We use the softphone often and using two input device is more cumbersome as myself often get calls from users.
Also, the separation of call window and dial window is quite troublesome, because if we dial and call using
the dialpad in the dial window we have to switch to the call window to hangup since the dial button (the
green phone) in the dial window did not
change to hangup button (the red phone).

Regards,
-- iBro