[Ekiga-list] 4.0.1 does not behave well on wireless network

ekiga-list gnome orgWhat I get is as followsEkiga 4.0.1 shows erroneous behavior when wireless network is
involved. Actions took very long if not fail, works ok sometimes.

Here's some results from my experiments. I used debian 7 live 486 failsafe (i.e., older UI) with some lib
files from debian's "unstable" repository.

Results are:
(details below,  -d 4 logs are saved on the pastebin)

step 1 <works but slow on wireless>
step 2 <works but slow on wireless>
step 3 <works but slow on wireless>
step 4 <not good on wired>
step 5 <works but slow on wireless>
step 6 <works fine on wired>
step 7 <works fairly on wireless>
step 8 <works fine on wired>

I was suspecting Ekiga or SIP server hates changing IP address and/or wireless routing. Still I can't figure
out what's wrong but getting easier to reproduce the problem. When avoiding wireless altogether, Ekiga works
perfectly on ADSL, without fail. Good job everybody!

Any ideas?
How can I help to resolve this issue?

fred_k

----------------------------

*step 0*
Live-booted debian, DHCP through WiMax (wireless) router, dpkg'd Ekiga (ekiga_4.0.1-1_i386.deb from ubuntu?
probably), apt-get install <some lib packages from "unstable">.

*step 1 <works but slow on wireless>*

I started Ekiga, went through its configuration.
"Registered" message appeared about 60 seconds later.
Clicked echo test (500), it connected about *30 seconds after* initiation.
Clicked call-back test (520), it worked, not that slow this time.
Control-q on Ekiga to close logging. It generated "Segmentation fault."

http://pastebin.com/vEtLSF7d (1 of 2)
http://pastebin.com/2Hb5TbfZ (2 of 2)

*step 2 <works but slow on wireless>*

I started Ekiga again.
"Registered" message appeared about *60 seconds later*. Why this took so long?
Clicked echo test (500), connected about *30 seconds after* initiation. Too long, isn't it?
Control-q on Ekiga to close logging.

http://pastebin.com/6DLfqApT

*step 3 <works but slow to register on wireless>*

Still on the WiMax router, turn off and on network config to re-run a DHCP.
I started Ekiga again.
"Registered" message appeard about *60 seconds later*.
Clicked echo test (500), connected right away.
Control-q on Ekiga to close logging.

http://pastebin.com/GnhzBjJx

*step 4 <not good on wired>*

Disconnect WiMax router, connect ADSL router, turn off and on network config to run a DHCP.
I started Ekiga, it registered itself but took *about a minute*, I called 500 echo test, could not connect
but said like "remote host is offline".
Control-q on Ekiga to close logging.

http://pastebin.com/1L4cE6W4

Turned off and on network config to run a DHCP.
Started Ekiga, same results. Control-q on Ekiga.

http://pastebin.com/A5wyCtgZ

*step 5 <works but slow on wireless>*

Disconnect ADSL router, reconnect WiMax router, turn off and on network config to run a DHCP.
I started Ekiga. "Registered" message appeared about *60 seconds later*.
echo test (500), connected about *30 seconds after* initiation.
Control-q on Ekiga to close logging.

http://pastebin.com/2XwY3KNj

At this point, I was thinking Ekiga.net server hates my ADSL address. I tried Ekiga 2.x on debian 5 (both
very old) from 'hated' ADSL address. It registered fine, 500 echo test works perfectly.
Server-hates-this-ADSL hypotheses collapsed.

*step 6 <works fine on wired>*

Disconnect WiMax router, connect ADSL router, turn off and on network config to run a DHCP.
I started Ekiga, it registered in a few seconds, I called 500 echo test, it connected in a few seconds.
Control-q on Ekiga to close logging.

http://pastebin.com/VNZwD6A2

(Does the server change its mind about my ADSL address? How about Wimax address, then?)

*step 7 <works fairly on wireless>*

Disconnect ADSL router, reconnect WiMax router, turn off and on network config to run a DHCP.
I started Ekiga. "Registered" message *after about a minute*.
Go to echo test (500), connected in a few seconds.
Control-q on Ekiga to close logging.

http://pastebin.com/8C10bxBF

*step 8 <works fine on wired>*

Disconnect WiMax router, connect ADSL router, turn off and on network config to run a DHCP.
Started Ekiga, it registered itself in a few seconds, I called 500 echo test, it connected quickly, too.
Control-q on Ekiga to close logging.

http://pastebin.com/y9FZ3Ldy