Re: [Ekiga-list] Unable to register - 606 Not Acceptable error

On 20/02/13 21:56, Valentina Manea wrote:
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Eugen Dedu
<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>  wrote:

It is a bit weird.  I have just made a minor commit fixing a debugging text.
Could you please use latest master and repost a debugging output?  Also, an
output when the account name (not the user!) contains the string %limit, cf.
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Troubleshooting#Cannot_register_to_sip.1und1.de_or_some_other_registrar_with_ekiga_.3C.3D_3.2.x

Hello, Eugen, and thank you for your reply.

First of all, I have discovered that my router had a SIP ALG
activated. Deactivating it produced some interesting results.

On the latest version from the repo:
Debugging output with %limit: http://pastebin.ca/2316086
Debugging output without %limit: http://pastebin.ca/2316085

What happens is that the client gets stuck in an endless loop. Account
status remains "Processing ..." for ever and ever.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that you need to update ptlib and opal too, not only ekiga, since registration code is found in opal, and there were two registration fixes since then. So updating only ekiga was useless.

I have just made a commit so that ekiga now asks for latest ptlib/opal releases. So please uninstall ptlib, opal and ekiga and build them again (2.10.10, 3.10.10, and ekiga master). Afterwards, if registration is still unsuccessful, give me a log without %limit, with %limit.

I have also tested today in another NAT. In that case, it *sometimes*
works with the %limit set. I could not determine exactly a pattern. In
all other cases, it remains stuck in the same loop.

If the new build still does not work in this NAT, it would be useful to have a log where it works and another one where it does not.

Some other VoIP options in my router have drawn my attention:
http://i.imgur.com/k0G9E2c.png
Perhaps some of these timers are not properly set? These are the
factory defaults.

I think they are good.