Re: [Ekiga-list] Any prospect of Ekiga being ported to MacOS

On 20/02/13 04:15, Bret Busby wrote:
Hello.

I have contacted one of my brothers, regarding Skype, and he has a Skype
account, but seldom uses it, and instead uses an application named
FaceTime, which is only Apple to Apple (I assume, MacOS), and he said
that FaceTime is better quality than Skype.

On the web page at http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Main_Page , Ekiga
does not show as being able to be installed and run on MacOS.

On the web page at
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_Interoperability , Ekiga does not
show as being compatible with FaceTime for the MacOS.

So, I am wondering whether any prospect exists, of Ekiga being ported to
MacOS.

I do not know how many (either absolute number, or, relative (as
proportion of total) WWW (as in the graphical thing that runs on top of
the Internet) users, use Mac OS, or, how the number of Mac OS users,
compares to the number of Linux users, but, as Ekiga apparently runs on
Linux and other UNIX and Unix-like OS's, and, on MS Windows, I am
wondering about the prospect of Ekiga being ported to MacOS.

Unfortunately, ekiga does not work on MacOS. We wait for someone with MacOS knowledge to help...