[Ekiga-list] Query about sharing of physical devices

Hello.

A question occurred to me, in a conversation with Greg.

Where a person has accounts with more than one softphone access provider; eg, I have one with each of Skype, Ekiga and Linphone (although, at present, I am not so concerned with continuing use of Linphone), and, thence, an Ekiga account, a Skype account, and a Linphone account, can the physical devices be shared, so as to enable concurrent logins and access to the different accounts, thus allowing a user to be simultaneously connected to Skype, Ekiga and Linphone?

From memory, with some software, for example, audio and/or video
recordings, trying to run one, while another is running/paused, can lead to an error message such as "device is busy", or "device is in use by another application, referring to a soundcard, graphics card, speakers, etc.

I am curious.

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby