Re: [Ekiga-list] Connecting to ekiga.net through Jitsi

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:06:14 +0000
Mark Carroll <mtbc ixod org> wrote:

el_gallo_azul <el_gallo_azul yahoo com> writes:

Be aware that an Ekiga SIP account (a free ekiga.net one) can only
be used to connect to another ekiga.net account.

Huh, that's interesting: when I am registered with iptel.org instead,
people with a free ekiga.net account can still call me.

Of course, SIP and also Jabber/XMPP are protocols that can be
federated, by default and by design, and need not an exclusive
authority to operate.

Stop using ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo and Skype.
http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~bo92cafu/im.html
http://wwwcip.cs.fau.de/~bo92cafu/im.html

We have SIP and Jabber/XMPP in the spirit of what the WWW was
originally designed for.

Also, in this sense, you choose the software you like, not someone else.
Proprietary protocols make the WWW weaker and PC is lesser fun.

--
Proper English www.reddit.com/r/proper
4 teh lulz... http://email.is-not-s.ms