Re: [Ekiga-list] Unable to use video / sound in conversation

On Mon, 1 Apr 2013, Eugen Dedu wrote:

On 01/04/13 11:21, Fr33 Tux wrote:
Maybe there's a way to compile it ?
Is there any idea for when the 4.x version be available in the debian
repositories ?

Ekiga 4.0 IS available in debian, in experimental, cf. http://packages.qa.debian.org/e/ekiga.html.

It is very simple to install it, you need to add experimental suite to /etc/apt/sources.list.

My understanding is that the experimental version of Debian, is dangerous, and so is named "sid", as the character in Toy Story, who liked to break things.

I have just visited the Debian web site, to try to find the relevant information, and warnings regarding the experimental stuff associated with Debian, but the Debian web site appears to have been breached and compromised.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."