Re: [Ekiga-list] Unable to use video / sound in conversation

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013, Fr33 Tux wrote:

Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 03:09:26
From: Fr33 Tux <fr33tux gmail com>
To: ekiga-list gnome org
Subject: [Ekiga-list] Unable to use video / sound in conversation

Hello,

I have Ekiga on Linux Mint, and a tried to start a conversation with
someone on Windows 7. However, when I call and he answers, nothing happens.
I must click on the contact in the contact-list to make the conversation
appearing, and to write messages (which work well). However, if I try tu
use the webcam & microphone, it doesn't work at all : Sometimes, it makes
Ekiga crashing, but more often, i can only see my webcam, but my
correspondant's one.
And he can't see me, not even his webcam.

I don't know if it's linked to the difference between the OS used, I can't
try with something else.
The webcams are both well-detected in Ekiga Options.

Have you any idea ?

I'm available if you need some tests,
--
*Fr33Tux*
*Twitter :* https://twitter.com/Fr33Tux | *Website :*

The first question that must be asked, as it is the critical question, is what versions of Ekiga, were used at each end?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."