[Ekiga-list] experiments with Opal + Vala

Hi list,

I've been playing with Ekiga's code last months and I have been wondering if
there's another way to work with Opal.

Yes, I admit it, I'm not a big fan of C++ and I prefer to avoid if it's
possible. So I thought if I could make a GObject binding to Opal, in the
spirit of the WebKitGtk+.

After stealing some time to my life (well, I'm a lazy bastard), I came with a
tiny proposal for a Gtk+/SIP Opal client: gphone.

https://github.com/ceyusa/gphone

Dependencies:

* Opal
* Vala
* Gtk+

Compilation:

I don't like autotools either, I prefer simple make files for simple people.

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:.
$ make

Run:

* Create a configuration file in ~/.config/gphone.conf
  The format of this file is:

[General]
STUNServer=stun.ekiga.net

[SIP/Registrars/0001]
RegistrarUsed=true
RegistrarUsername=sipuser
RegistrarDomain=sipdomain
RegistrarAuthID=sipuser
RegistrarPassword=sippaswsord

To-Do:

* GStreamer support for Sound Channel Input/Output devices
* Make the Gopal's initialisation asynchronous avoiding the UI freeze
* Use libsecret for registrars:
  http://developer.gnome.org/libsecret/
* Use GNetworkMonitor to check the network avability
  http://developer.gnome.org/gio/2.32/GNetworkMonitor.html
* Use GSettings instead of configuration files (I'm not sure about it)
* A lot more ...