Re: [Ekiga-list] IRC channel activity

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:28:11 +0200
Genghis Khan <genghiskhan gmx ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:57:48 +0200
> Genghis Khan <genghiskhan gmx ca> wrote:
>
> > Suggestion: adding an IRC Bot which will notify on updates.
> >
> [Perl] Irc Rss Feed Bot By Emery
> http://www.governmentsecurity.org/forum/topic/32441-perl-irc-rss-feed-bot/
> https://emery8.wordpress.com/2010/01/19/3/

The Perl script is very interesting and I still want to try it out.

BUT I HAVE A SOLUTION, it is called GOZERBOT http://gozerbot.org/
An IRC and Jabber/XMPP bot project which is in active development
for over 10 years and this project is well ordered.

There are plenty of plugins and among them there is a RSS plugin which
is now being tested at #ekiga (freenode and gnome IRC networks)

Example:
[08:24:59 PM] gozerbot: Ekiga-Devel-List: [Ekiga-devel-list] Closing
ekiga - <http://tinyurl.com/85xu6rg>

Extract the TAR archive to a directory and follow the following steps:

The owners are being set in
./gozerbot-1.0.1/gozerdata/mainconfig

Start the bot with
$ python ./bin/gozerbot --server=irc.gimp.net --channel='#ekiga'

____________________
Adding bot operators - users who are allowed to control the bot can be
added by the owner with the !meet command:
Owner:    !meet TheBonsai
gozerbot: TheBonsai (thebonsai) added to user database

_______________________
Enabling the RSS plugin
Owner:    !plug-enable rss
gozerbot: trying to reload: rss
gozerbot: enabled plugins: rss

________________
Adding Web Feeds - http://gozerbot.org/plugs/rss.html
Owner:    !rss-add Ekiga-Devel-List http://www.mail-archive.com/ekiga-devel-list gnome org/maillist.xml
gozerbot: rss item added

__________
Activating
Owner:    !rss-watch Ekiga-Devel-List
gozerbot: watcher started

Owner:    !rss-start Ekiga-Devel-List
gozerbot: started: Ekiga-Devel-List

Owner:    !rss-running
gozerbot: running rss watchers: 1) Ekiga-List [[u'default', u'#ekiga']]
2) Damien-Sandras [['default', u'#ekiga']] 3) Mathaba-News
[[u'default', u'#ekiga']] 4) Ekiga-Devel-List [[u'default', u'#ekiga']]
5) Ekiga-Git [[u'default', u'#ekiga']]

There is already a title for the mailing-lists so just naming them to
EDL (the devel list) and EUL (the help list) will suffice.

__________
Moderating (reloading period rate)
Owner:    !rss-sleeptime Ekiga-Devel-List
gozerbot: sleeptime for Ekiga-Devel-List is 1800 seconds

Owner:    !rss-setsleeptime Ekiga-Devel-List 14400
gozerbot: sleeptime for Ekiga-Devel-List is 14400 seconds

This tool will provide productivity and will assist in increasing the
activity in the #ekiga IRC channel.

--
GOZERBOT http://gozerbot.org/
    email: bthate gmail com