Re: [Ekiga-list] Lync

On 03/02/12 10:00, Stefaans Mostert wrote:
Allo

Everybody in the office usses lync, but from the microsoft client.
Shouldn't ekiga then work?

I see the problem. Cf. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398833.aspx (especially the first two lines in the table), lync uses TCP only, while ekiga uses UDP only. That is the reason lync traffic is not blocked, while ekiga's one is.

There is some work for ekiga to support TCP too, but someone needs to think seriously about it. For someone who has the knowledge of the code, it could be simple.

Eugen

From: "Eugen Dedu"<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>
Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2012 12:57:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] Lync

On 02/02/12 11:50, Stefaans Mostert wrote:
I suspect this will work even better :-)
http://pastebin.com/GYkt7UuN

I see that ekiga sends several packets, but it receives no answer.
This
is commonly because of a firewall which blocks all such traffic. You
need to relax its rules, see
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Enable_port_forwarding_manually for
example.