Re: [Ekiga-list] Problem with online/offline status

On 08/12/12 20:15, Torquil Macdonald Sørensen wrote:
I am experiencing some inconsistent behaviour with Ekiga 3.9.90 on
Debian Sid, regarding its text chat functionality. I think the other
person is using Ekiga 3.3.2, because that person is using Ubuntu 12.04.

The following happens: We both appear to the other to be online in our
respective contact lists. The other person can write a message to me
which will then appear in my Ekiga. However, even though the other
person is listed as being online in my contact list, when I reply to
that message, an error message appears in the chat saying that the other
user is not online...

We need to be sure that the other person is online. 3.3.2 does not set presence to offline when quitting, whereas 3.9.90 does.

Here a conversation between two such versions works.

So he wrotes a message, you receive it and when you write you receive not online error, is that right? If yes, please send us a -d 4 log when you receive his message, you reply and receive the error.