Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga on Thomson TG585 v7 router: Getting desparate!

On 01/09/11 10:56, Neoklis Kyriazis wrote:
Hi Eugene

Thanks for helping me here. I have uploaded the output of "ekiga -d 4" with network detection enabled and a static IP connection.

http://www.qsl.net/5b4az/pages/ekiga-debug.txt

The REGISTER packet you send does not receive any answer. Is your firewall stopping such packets?

I also see that you are behind a Symmetric NAT. Does ekiga always (each time you start it) show you the dialog box about the network detection? If yes, then you cannot use ekiga on your network (try however the tips shown in the dialog box). See http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Understanding_NAT/firewall_issues_with_SIP_clients_%28eg_ekiga%29 for some explanations.

Neoklis - Ham Radio Call 5B4AZ
QTH Locator KM64KR
Website: http://www.qsl.net/5b4az/

Enable network detection and send us the log again.