Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.2.7: NOTICE: Could not send message

On 18/11/11 12:38, Martin Swift wrote:
Hi all,

I've had my eye on ekiga for quite a while and now that I'm behind a
router that I'm able to forward the necessary ports on, I would like
to finally get it working.

Things started out fine. Everything compiled well, my account shows up
as registered (so the client seems to be able to communicate with
ekiga.net). My friend also installed a client on her machine and
registered for an account. I'm able to see her status (online, away or
do not disturb) but neither one of us can contact anyone; neither each
other nor 500/520 ekiga net). Sending text messages returns the error:
  NOTICE: Could not send message
echoed in the message window and calling results in the message

This usually means the other user is offline. (In unstable version it really shows "Offline user".)

  Call completed
in message bar below the status selector.

You need to put somewhere the log for the call.

This seems to be the same issue as reported here on the list nearly a
year ago and confirmed by another user in January of this year:
  <http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-list/2011-January/msg00014.html>
I've not been able to find the resolution to this issue, but some
emails are missing from the archives

As far as I see that person has not sent the log.

I would attach logs and a screen-shot taken shortly after a failed
call, but since the list won't allow messages over a certain size I've
uploaded these to
  <http://www.raunvis.hi.is/~martin/ekiga-call-message-01.log>
  <http://www.raunvis.hi.is/~martin/ekiga-windows.png>

The problem is that the other person is offline:
2011/11/09 16:51:38.407 0:15.584 Opal Liste...0xb283ab70 SIP PDU received: rem=udp$86.64.162.35:5060,local=udp$178.19.49.71:14250,if=192.168.1.35%wlan0
SIP/2.0 480 Offline
CSeq: 4 MESSAGE

In fact, sending message to 500 does not work.  This is not a normal user.

Please send a log when sending to a normal user.

Of possible interest might be the fact that neither service contact
shows its status and the little bar-graphic under the status selector

There is no status associated with 500 or 520, that is why their status is "not working".

shows nothing. I'm running Gentoo Linux (kernel 2.6.39 w/ Gentoo

The bar-graphic is only during a call. Indeed, this is counter-intuitive, since in phones it is used always, not only during a call...

patches opal 3.6.8 and ptlib 2.6.7) and she Windows Vista. The call
seems to invoke complaints about there not being any SRV record found
and the message gives the SIP status code 480 (Temporarily
unavailable).

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.