Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.3.2 gconf issues

On 07/11/11 23:09, David Woodfall wrote:
Hi

Hi,

Sorry to answer so late.

Using ekiga 3.3.2 with gconf disabled I'm having an issue with
audio/video devices. The device selction box is greyed out.

To find out why device selection box is greyed out, you need to send the -d 4 output. But, before that, why do you want gconf disabled? As far as I know there are some issues with that (even if it should work, since this is used in Windows build).

This is what I'm getting in the console:

** (ekiga:31630): CRITICAL **: gm_conf_get_string: assertion `key
/apps/ekiga/devices/audio/plugin has no corresponding entry! ' failed

** (ekiga:31630): CRITICAL **: gm_conf_get_string: assertion `key
/apps/ekiga/devices/video/plugin has no corresponding entry! ' failed

This is harmless. Those keys existed only for old versions of ekiga. I try to find out a simple solution to remove them.

So I'm wondering why it's even looking at gconf when disabled
in the build?

If gconf is disabled, a flat xml file is used instead. gm_conf comes from gnomemeeting_conf, not from gconf.

I need to sort this out as the latest version of celt needs
the newer version of opal, which in turn.. etc. Well you get the
drift.