[Ekiga-list] Ekiga Call Out account (Diamondphone) not working ("Could not register")

Hi everyone, I recently started using Ekiga as an open source
alternative to Skype and finally decided to give Ekiga's Call Out
feature a try yesterday. I went ahead and signed up for an account
with Diamondcard (Ekiga's default Call Out provider), got my payment
confirmed and entered my account details in Ekiga. However, I have
since been unable to get my Diamondcard account to work with Ekiga. I
can log in to my Diamondcard account and send SMS from their web
interface, but I haven't been able to use it with Ekiga.

I set up the following two accounts in Edit -> Accounts:
1. Ekiga.net account (for Ekiga-Ekiga calls): Registrar: ekiga.net
User & Authentication user: <my Ekiga.net username>
Password: <my Ekiga.net password>
Timeout: 3600
2. Ekiga Call Out account (for landline/mobile phone calls & SMS):
Registrar: sip.diamondcard.us
User & Authentication user: <my Diamondcard ID>
Password: <my Diamondcard PIN>
Timeout: 3600

Shortly after enabling both accounts my Ekiga.net account shows up as
"Registered", but my Call Out account says "Could not register
(Failed)" and I cannot place calls to landline numbers or the
Diamondcard echo test number (sip:441 sip diamondcard us). Of course I
followed the instructions on
http://wiki.diamondcard.us/podwiki?page=EkigaPhone and have entered
the correct account ID and PIN as I found them on the Diamondcard
homepage after logging in. When right-clicking the Call Out account
and selecting "Consult the balance history" I am transferred to a
Diamondcard website which tells me how much money I have charged to my
account and how much I have used for sending SMS from their homepage,
so the credentials I have entered are correct. I am running Ekiga
3.2.7 on an Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) Linux system on a variety of
networks, normally behind a router.

So this is where I am stuck now. I would love to use Ekiga to replace
Skype for PC-to-PC and PC-to-Phone (landline/mobile) calling and SMS.
Also, I'd really like to support a free software project such as Ekiga
financially, but I can't seem to get around this problem and hope that
someone can give me some advice on how to fix this. I have posted this
on the Ubuntu Support Forums as well
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=10587082) and will publish
the solution there for the support of other users (of course giving
credit to whoever helps me track down the problem :-)).