Re: [Ekiga-list] Disconnect after about 30 sec

On 16/06/11 07:57, David Halliday wrote:

Note that the Opal H.261 codec is very, very simple-minded. It could
well be that it is too simple for the other end :)

Thanks Craig, that helped narrowed it down but unfortunately does not
yield a solution. If I disable video it stays connected. The problem is
while the Tandberg supports many codecs Ekiga only had Theora and H.261
installed on Redhat. Many hours later after compiling up a version of
Opal that has all the nice codecs I finally go to try one of the others
and they are ALL flagged SIP only no H.323!!

Is there a way to make the other video codecs work with H.323?

The Tandberg units support:

Digital Signaling Protocol: H.323, H.320
Data Compression Protocol: G.711, G.728, G.722, H.261, H.263, H.264, H.263+

So SIP is not an option.

I think I have already answered (I do not remember well): even if ptlib/opal could support those codecs with H323, it is probably ekiga fault that they are not available for H323 too. But I do not know if fixing ekiga is as simple as modifying ekiga.schemas file or it needs some coding too.