Re: [Ekiga-list] How can I get non-free video codecs. ekiga 3.2.7 ubuntu 10.10

On 13/01/11 21:58, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 10/01/11 10:27, Gérard Vidal wrote:
Le 09/01/2011 17:00, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
On 09/01/11 01:22, Gérard Vidal wrote:
Hello,
I have to communicate through H323 with h263-1998 codec ( to join a
meeting on a codian bridge).
I have installed ekiga 3.2.7 on my ubuntu maverick (Dell precision
M2400), it works fine but displays only codec H261 and Theora. I have
read informations on this page
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/HowTo_install_Ekiga_packages but it
seems to be outdated.
I have tried many things including full rebuild of latest version but
nothing works.

Does anybody have a solution or any track to follow.

Your case is not simple. First, because there are some bug reports
about H323 not working in ekiga in some cases, see bugzilla.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=product%3A%22ekiga%22+h323
There are some posts in this mailing list too.

Better use this one: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=product%3A%22ekiga%22+323