Re: [Ekiga-list] v. 3.2.7 Freezing on Incoming Call in Fedora 14

On 10/02/11 19:43, J. Adam Craig wrote:
Hello,

Unfortunately, my Ekiga install (from repositories) on Fedora 14 is
experiencing several issues when it comes to taking calls.

In some instances, Ekiga neglects to play the ringing sound when a call is
coming in.  Thus, if I am looking away from my screen or my screensaver is
up (and I can't see the notification balloon), I miss calls.

In other cases, Ekiga produces the ringing sound and I answer the call, but
the program freezes when connecting the call, and stays frozen until I
"kill" it an restart it.  Meanwhile, the caller things that the line has
gone dead.

Start ekiga like this:
gdb --args ekiga -d 4 2>&1|tee output
and when the first problem appears, stop ekiga
and when the 2nd problem appears, type ctrl-c and thread apply all bt

In both cases, send us the debug output.

See the wiki for more information about debugging if needed.