[Ekiga-list] v. 3.2.7 Freezing on Incoming Call in Fedora 14

Hello,

Unfortunately, my Ekiga install (from repositories) on Fedora 14 is experiencing several issues when it comes to taking calls.

In some instances, Ekiga neglects to play the ringing sound when a call is coming in.  Thus, if I am looking away from my screen or my screensaver is up (and I can't see the notification balloon), I miss calls.

In other cases, Ekiga produces the ringing sound and I answer the call, but the program freezes when connecting the call, and stays frozen until I "kill" it an restart it.  Meanwhile, the caller things that the line has gone dead.

Of course, in a third group of cases, Ekiga on my Fedora 14 box works perfectly as expected.  However, the fact that I frankly don't have the assurance and confidence that Ekiga will perform as designed as forced me to turn to Linphone, which is performing more reliably on my system.

I prefer the interface and usability of Ekiga, of course, and welcome any suggestions for things to try to resolve this issue.

Please advise of any further information that is needed.

Thanks,
- Adam