Re: [Ekiga-list] Problem with partner video-image

Am Mo, 24 Jan 2011 17:56:52 CET schrieb Eugen Dedu:

Hi Eugen,

> On 24/01/11 17:51, Al Bogner wrote:

> >> Please give more information: does calling of 500 ekiga net work?
> >
> > I didn't try this.
>
> Try it and tell us if it works for both of you.

Sorry for the late reply, but I had to wait till I got my new notebook,
so I can test alone.

I have one machine, where 500 ekiga net works, but it doesn't work with
my notebook and the new modem, so I think this has to be solved first.
I am pretty sure, it is a configuration problem of the firewall of the
modem.

With the notebook I allowed with my Opensuse 11.3-system:

 +  Secure Shell-Server
 +  TCP-Ports:1720
 +  UDP-Ports: 3478-3479, 5000-5059, 5061-5100, 8000-8010

5060 is reserved for VoIP of my ISP

But I think this is useless, if a Wifi-connection is used. I use
networkmanager-gnome.

I am very unsure howto setup the modem. It looks like there are 2
possibilites to allow the needed ports as described at
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Enable_port_forwarding_manually

Please tell me which of the 2 setups I should use:

http://pinguin.uni.cc/huawei_ekiga_ports.png
I entered predefinded values there to show an example, what the modem
would use by default. I know, that ekiga wants other ports.

What should I enter at "Trigger port / Trigger protocol"
At open port / protocol I think I have to define 2 rules, one for udp
and one for tcp

Another possibility for portforwarding could be this form:
http://pinguin.uni.cc/huawei_virtual_server.png

It looks like, that it is not possible to use IP-blocks with this form,
because I couldn't enter "-"

> I know that using Ekiga in the same house (behind the same router)
> through ekiga.net does not work, except using Neighbours part of the
> roster.  Please wait until I find out the problem.

That would be nice, if you findout why it doesn't work in the same
network. Because of this reason I bought a mifi-router to have
different networks, one xdsl and one mobile.

Al