Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga on Android

On 25/08/11 13:28, Jānis Rukšāns wrote:

Sure it works but as far as I know uClibc is the default C library on Android.

I'm not saying it is not possible to get Ekiga to run on droid. I know
that much of the Debian has been ported, including C++ library, X and
GTK. It's just that I get the impression that many people hear
Android, think Linux and assume that running any Linux software is
simply a matter of cross compilation.
Ah, we're in violent agreement then.

PS. This is why I'm waiting to see what will happen with N9 instead of
buying a droid phone.
Likewise.

(Or, as a fantasy, porting (Maemo|Meego) to one of the Android platforms - probably impossible due to closed bits (battery,3d,maybe even phone/modem)).