Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga via VPN (PPTP)

On 04/18/2011 02:06 PM, orschiro googlemail com wrote:
> Can nobody help me out?
>
> 2011/4/16  <orschiro gmail com>:
>> Hello guys,
>>> Ekiga is working smoothly with my SIP-Account when I connect over a
>>> normal wireless connection. But whenever I'm connected to my network
>>> via VPN (PPTP), Ekiga isn't able to connect to it.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately there is no error message except the notice beneath the
>>> qualtity rating: "sip@XXXX can't be logged in"
>>>
>>> Is there a way to use Ekiga 3.2.7 (on Ubuntu 10.10) via a VPN connection?
Easy - don't use your SIP-Account.  There is no need for a SIP-Account
when you are connecting via VPN.  And the SIP Service certainly knows
nothing about your VPN and has no access to it.  That is the point of a
VPN.

To connect to another SIP client over VPN, just use sip:user@192.168.x.x

Now perhaps you are trying to connect to a public IP via the SIP
service, and just happen to be running a VPN at the same time.  This
probably means that your VPN software is redirecting the default route
to the VPN.  You'll have to take that up with whatever VPN software you
are using.  Ekiga has nothing to do with it.