[Ekiga-list] Multiple network interfaces/INVITES == 503 error

Using Ekiga 3.2.6 (Ubuntu).

I see that there was some previous discussion / work around this. In summary, it seems Ekiga can have issues when there are multiple active network interfaces.

http://www.mail-archive.com/ekiga-list gnome org/msg05088.html

I am using Ekiga primarily with our Cisco Callmanager at work.

When I am in the office, and have a single active interface, Ekiga works great (I really like it ! :)).

When I am VPN'ed into work, I have 2 'active' network interfaces - my 'lan' and my 'vpn'. Using wireshark I see that Ekiga sends INVITES using both addresses embedded. This seems to tie the Cisco side in a knot, and it gives me a 503 'Unable to find device handler...' whenever I try to make a call.

So my question is, is there anything I can do ? I also see messages that seem to indicate that something related to this issue had been fixed in Ekiga.

I'm currently using Twinkle while on VPN.

Thanks for any info.

Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint:
7407 DC86 AA7B A57F 62D1 A715 3C63 66A1 181E 6996
"SH1-0151.  This is the serial number, of our orbital gun."