Re: [Ekiga-list] Could not register (Failed)

On 01/09/10 22:26, D.P. wrote:
On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 19:51:31 +0200
Eugen Dedu<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>  wrote:

No.  You must search for "INVITE " (note the space) and look right
afterwards at the answer (SIP received).

Hi. I have now the similar problem with (sic!) VoipCheap, but with more details.

The same account, and exactly the same config files (I copied the full ~/.gconf/apps/ekiga/ directory) from two boxes - one in Ukraine, another in Belgium. That one in Ukraine registers well, and I can make calls. The box from Belgium can`t register at all.

The first box - that`s an archlinux 64bit running on a desktop, the second - a laptop, arch-linux 32-bit.

Ekiga versions sure are the same.

When started ekiga with -d 4 I did`nt found any "INVITE " lines in his output, but
subscriber:0xafe49b70 SIP     No SRV record found.

AND ekiga.net account works well on both boxes.

Any help is very much welcome.

Look at the small script from http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_debug_output, which keeps from the output only the SIP conversations. REGISTER is for registering, INVITE is for calling. You will get useful information about what is wrong.

Also, be sure that before copying .gconf data, you kill gconf and remove ~/.gconfd/saved_state.