Re: [Ekiga-list] Can't register my SIP Address - Ekiga 3.2.7

On 04/11/10 17:26, Csányi Pál wrote:
2010/11/4 Eugen Dedu<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>:
On 04/11/10 16:59, Csányi Pál wrote:

  You should check on pcmu and/or (I do not know which one) pcma.

ekiga.net just closes the connection in this case, this is the only
information ekiga has, that's why it has not shown an error.

OK, I turn on now all the codecs I can find in Ekiga/Preferences,

Do not turn on all the codecs, since the packet becomes too large to be
sent.  Try switching off all the codecs, except PCMA and a few (say max. 4)
others.

OK, I turn on just a few audio codes:
PCMA,
Speex (16 kHz H.323, SIP)
CELT (48 kHz SIP)

and now it works:
I can get the connections: 500 ekiga net and 501 ekiga net

If I want to connect to my friend should he turn on the same audio codecs too?

You and your friend should have at least one common audio and/or one common video codec. I suggest to use Speex 16kHz and theora, but if something goes wrong you can use others, such as PCMA and h261.

For video connection is it enough to call him with his SIP address?

Yes.