Re: [Ekiga-list] destructive Ekiga Win-XP un-install

2010/5/5 Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>
On 14/02/10 14:57, michel memeteau wrote:
if for some reason the installer decide that MyDocs is the default install
dir instead of progfiles/ekiga , it will install there and uninstaller will
erase the INSTALDIR content and thus mydocs.
I guess it can have something to do with user rights as if progfiles is not
writable, i might try Mydocs. I've seen this behaviour before.

Well...  I have just had it too...
I use a computer of my school.  echo %programfiles% shows C:\Program Files.  I tried to create a directory inside, I do not have the right to do it.  When I start ekiga-setup, it proposes me to install in C:\Docs and Settings\ededu/Ekiga.  I have not yet completed the install process.

"Good news " ! Eugen. I don't think it's that weird that the NSIS process would detect that the user does not have any rights under XP  and thus propose a D&S/username/Ekiga install dir.

I even think that the firefox installer do this to. So IMO it's not a bug to correct.

The main bug is that the uninstaller remove D&S/username whole folder which means the regedit uninstall key is not correctly read.
--
web perso : http://memeteau.com