Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga on Ubuntu using DSL

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 21:15:05 +0000
Chris Vine <chris cvine freeserve co uk> wrote:
[snip]
> > > I am not using karmic.  Can you please post the patch here and I
> > > will recompile libopal.
> >
> > Attached.
>
> Thanks.  It applies to opal-3.6.6 and compiles OK.  It will probably
> be sometime next week before I am able to test it with a remote
> participant.

At the moment I cannot connect to anyone via ekiga, including the echo
test.

This is probably nothing to do with the opal patch: I have noticed
before that sometimes ekiga works and sometimes it doesn't. Possibly the
asterisk server is down, or something like that.

So far as concerns the opal patch though, I should point out that the
reported launchpad bug, and the one I have previously experienced, is
that (subject to the outages I have mentioned) audio always works.  It
is the video which sometimes comes up and sometimes doesn't, on an
approximately 50% basis.  It doesn't look as if the opal patch would
affect that.

Chris