Re: [Ekiga-list] Outbound use with routers and firewalls

Regarding STUN, as far as I know Ekiga 3.2.6 *always* uses STUN
(stun.ekiga.net) (it's "builtin" and not part of the preferences
anymore).

Regarding the user interface not opening: this could be either a
problem with networking *or* a lock in ALSA. See my recent email
"Recovering from apps hanging trying to use ALSA" and the script I
sent there.

You may want to test with Twinkle (or maybe Qutecom); all clients have
issues, but regarding networking I've had the best experiences with
Twinkle (although, as I've pointed out already, I'm only using it with
Diamondcard, so if Twinkle is working with Diamondcard that doesn't
necessarily mean that Twinkle is reachable by SIP clients other than
Diamondcard itself).

Christian.