Re: [Ekiga-list] Bad sound quality because of missing low passfilter

> It's imperative that OSS4's vmix0-src is set to Fast (not High). (... High) broke ringing in Ekiga. It would just be silent,
> quitting Ekiga at that point makes it close the windows but hang (not
> fully exit), hitting ctl-c then makes a short duration (~0.1 seconds)
> of the ring tone played before ekiga is gone.

(PS. Ekiga goes into 100% cpu eating mode [sometimes] in those situations.)

I've found maybe another data point for this bug: today the Ekiga
instance that I've got running on the older machine with ALSA would
not play the bell when I did my daily incoming call test (from my
mobile or Skype, to see whether I'm reachable), but unlike with the
bug where it looses connection, it still opened the popup balloon over
the gnome panel applet; clicking "accept" worked, both receiving and
sending audio worked just fine. I repeated this a couple times
(without restarting Ekiga inbetween), always with the same results (no
bell). I then restarted Ekiga, and the bell worked again. (PS. Ekiga
didn't eat cpu in *this* case, IIRC.)

So I think this (being on a pure ALSA setup) demonstrates that there
is something more fishy going on than just a relation to OSS4's
Fast/High setting; maybe just something timing related.

BTW I'm currently always running the current package from Debian
testing, 3.2.6-1.

Christian.