Re: [Ekiga-list] Web Cam Probs ???

On 06/26/10 17:03, william howell wrote:

OS: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - the Lucid Lynx -  On 64 bit AMD
Ekiga Ver:  ekiga 3.2.6
Web Cam: HP Deluxe Web Cam LQ246AA

Error: "While accessing video device HP Deluxe Webcam KQ246AA      Your video driver doesn't support the requested video format"

Sir,
I recently purchased this cam and installed it on my Ubuntu OS. Purchased it because it had the "UVC" Stamp of approval on the box. No other cam in the store at the time offered the UVC.

I have no problems running the cam under XawTv, it works just fine. Have no probs running the "Camera Monitor" with this cam, works just fine.

Can you please advise what "video format" Ekiga might be having a problem with or if there is a way to change the video format it is looking for, and/or, do I need to upgrade to a new version of Ekiga?

Try using V4L2 and V4L in Preferences, Video devices.