Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.2.7 Audio problem

On 18/07/10 05:08, Adam Bogacki wrote:
On 17/07/10 01:08, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 05/07/10 07:59, Adam Bogacki wrote:
Hi, I have just set up Ekiga 3.2.7 on a squeeze Debian system
but have no audio - the echo test does not work. Video is OK,
and Skype audio works. I am using a HP box with ADSL, but ekiga
does not seem to recognise my audio setup.

I have tried both 'PTLIB/ALSA' and 'Intel ICH6 (1) PTLIB/ALSA'.

What am I missing here ?

Do playing sound from Preferences->SoundEvents work (i.e. you hear the
sounds)?  If yes, you might have problems with microphone.  Does
microphone work?

If not, could you send us the -d 4 output when starting ekiga and
trying to play a few sounds from Preferences->SoundEvents?

Merci, Eugen.

I have just tried it out again, piping output to 'output.txt' and
'output1.txt' (attached).

Preferences ->  SoundEvents works, but I cannot get any audio from the
Echo Test.

Echo Test seems to connect and then immediately disconnect.

I am familiar with previous versions of Ekiga where the echo test was part
of the set-up process.

I have tested the microphone with Audacity, where I can record and replay
audio without any problem (what happened to gnome-record ?).

Gnome-alsamixer has all mutes OFF, Mic and Capture on Record.

I am not sure if I am doing something incorrectly, or if there is a bug ..

Please have a look at 'output*.txt'.

Sorry to answer so late. I looked over output.txt. There is something strange, calling 500 does not work. The INVITE is sent, the proxy-auth response is received, ekiga ack-s, but does not send a new INVITE with proxy-auth, as usually. I need to look into more detail into it.

However, you said audio does not work (here the problem is not audio, is that 500 does not work), but video works. In which case does video work?