Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga client startup sequence - all contacts sent to the server.

Yannick,

Thanks for an exhaustive explanation. I forgot that ekiga clients
considers itself as instant messenger at the same time. The simplest
solution (e.g. turn off "presence" ) is more then sufficient. I only
use ekiga as a phone and not as instant messenger.

So the switch could be called phone/messenger mode for example. In
phone mode nothing is sent out. In messenger mode contacts have to be
notified about online status.

Does it sound reasonable?

Eugene.