Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga client startup sequence - all contacts sent to the server.

yannick a écrit :
Le vendredi 08 janvier 2010 à 18:21 -0500, Eugene Kanter a écrit :
Eugen,

Your explanation makes no sense whatsoever. It is the same as email
client like evolution sending an entire contact list to an email
server upon startup.

Your comparison is not right:
Your email client do not support the "presence" feature.
By definition, presence means you must inform your contacts about your
status.

There's something not clearly right in what you say.

We have to send the contacts to the server so we get *their* presences. This is how SIP seems to work : you store the contacts, and you have to tell the server you want to know about them (XCAP helps there).

This sucks, but I think we can do little about it.

Snark