Re: [Ekiga-list] Port Forwarding

I am making some progress on being able to access my account.

I have only set up H.323. Is there a test number for the video and sound?

When I load the Ekiga software it reports:

Ekiga did not manage to configure your network settings automatically. You can still use it, but you need to configure your network settings manually.

However if I ignore the error message it says I am logged in and online. Trying 501 locks the program and I have to abort it. It does connect but there is no button to terminate the call and I can not hear anything when I speak on the call. I suspect this is to do with not setting up the sip ports.

What should I do next?

Robin

Please see http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Enable_port_forwarding_manually for instructions

I am using a Thompson Speedtouch 716 router.

The auto eth0 connection details are:

IPv4 Setting: Auto (DHCP)
I can see a specified IP Address using protocol IPv4, as shown in the Active Network connections within Ubuntu, but I do not know if is a static IP address.

Network device:    eth0
Hardware address:    00:1d:7d:0a:01:3e
Multicast:    Enabled
MTU:    1500
Link speed:    not available
State:    Active
Transmitted packets:    33302
Transmission errors:    0
Received packets:    40246
Reception errors:    0
Collisions:    0

At the router I can see an Ip address  under RoutedEthoA
Under system config it says under the service configuration that the service name is Static IP 3 Data Ports (modified by user)

In the game or application definition section of the router I can not see any trigger protocols or trigger ports against the translated ports for the various portocols tcp/udp/tcp as previously quoted.

Robin

The above comments are in response to John Feagans's email of 03/01/10 15:53 as quoted below:
Robin, Could you clarify which router you are using and did you set up static IP in the PC and the router for the ports to forward to?

Message: 3