[Ekiga-list] Ekiga in 64-bit system environment.

Hi Everyone,

Is Ekiga Version 3.2.6 compatible with the Linux AMD 64-bit System Architecture? I ask this question because I have just bought a new PC with this architecture and have installed Ubuntu 9.10, AMD 64-bit Version  Operating System on it and am having problems with Ekiga. But first I want to mention that Ekiga did not come bundled with this O.S., as it does with other members of this family of O.S´s. This perhaps suggests that Ekiga is not compatible? In any case I installed Ekiga from your website, using Yannicks clever procedure of updating Synaptic. The installation appeared flawless. For security I restarted the P.C. I opened Ekiga and was able to configure it with the wizard and preferences. My webcam and audio config.  functioned normally. I checked "Accounts" and found that both ekiga.net and diamondcard.us had registered ok. Everything seemed good and normal, so I tried a call to 500 ekiga net and it functioned. But when I disconnected from that call Ekiga crashed! (Froze up). It did not restore itself after waiting for five minutes or so. I had to close it forcibly. I restored Ekiga and tried a call to 441 diamondcard us, which worked and my voice was played back clearly to me. Again, on closing the call Ekiga crashed, as before. Restoring again, I called Diamondcard for my account balance and received the robot voice telling me my balance. Once more Ekiga crashed on closing the call. I have not yet tried a call to a private number, because at that point I found that Ekiga was unable to register with ekiga.net, although it was still registering with diamondcard.us. Watching the List, I found that others were having the same difficulty and I concluded that the Ekiga server was out of service. And so it seems to have been in the last few days. In these circumstances I would appreciate comments from you experts regarding the compatability issue and the crashes I have experienced.

I am an ordinary, non-technical user of Ekiga and have been enjoying the use of your excelent software for nearly three years now, with great satisfaction. So, I want to thank you all for the great work that you are doing.

Regards,  Ian Murdoch.