Re: [Ekiga-list] Unable to run Ekiga

Bret Busby schrieb:
Hello.

In trying to run Ekiga, I have tried with both my installation on Ubuntu 8.04, and Debian 5, on this system (HP/Compaq NX5000 "laptop").

I have tried with both a Logitech Communicate STX webcam, and a Logitech C300 webcam.

With the C300, on Debian 5, the top error dialogue box stated:

"Error while starting the listener for the SIP protocol

You will not be able to receive incoming SIP calls. Please check that no other program is already running on the port used by Ekiga."

The next error dialogue box stated:

"Error while opening video device UVC Camera (046d:0805)

A moving logo will be transmitted during calls. Notice that you can always transmit a given image or the moving logo by choosing "Picture" as video plugin and "MovingLogo" or "StaticPicture" as device.

Your video driver doesn't support the requested video format."

Both webcams have previously been able to achieve the test call to Ekiga, successfully (but, not for me to be able to make or receive a call other than to the Ekiga test call facility).

Now, it does not work at all.

Any ideas?

Thank you in anticipation.

--