Re: [Ekiga-list] registration fails immediately if STUN is not used

Le lundi 15 février 2010 à 15:36 -0500, Rob Owens a écrit :
I think this is a new problem...  Registration to my ekiga.net account
fails immediately if I choose not to use STUN.  I'm experimenting with a
local SIP proxy which requires me to turn off STUN.

I've tested this on another LAN with no SIP proxy and no special
settings, so I think it's a problem on ekiga.net's end.

Can anybody confirm?

Without STUN, you appear as being NATted, which won't work. The behavior is normal.
However, you can logically register with STUN enabled on a local proxy. If the proxy is local on the LAN, STUN won't be used when communicating with it, even if enabled.

--
 _     Damien Sandras
(o-