Re: [Ekiga-list] need help in developing

On 19/12/10 10:06, SABARISH BABU wrote:
hi all,
i'm a final year I.T engg student.. i've taken up PORTING EKIGA INTO ANDROID
OS as my main project, and i'm seeking help from the developers regarding
this..

here is wat i've learnt so far about this project..
1) the code for ekiga is currently in CPP and it has to converted into java
( to be used with android)
2) the data files should be compressed( txt, audio,image and video)
3) port the new code in the application layer of the android os.
wat else are required for this??

i request the support of the developers in this.. i 've learnt that there
are works going on to make ekiga "mobile" .. i also feel the need for the
same and want to be a part of the team..

wat all should i have to do to get a start.. right now. i'm just at level
0.. ( sry.. but i'm just understanding the source code of ekiga)

Here are my advices: Look at the wiki site. Take the unstable svn/git repository. Note that ekiga needs ptlib and opal and other libraries, you have this information on the wiki site.

Good luck!