Re: [Ekiga-list] Fedora 12 testing packages for NAT traversal support

Le samedi 24 avril 2010 à 16:07 -0400, Bob Goodwin a écrit :
> On 24/04/10 15:57, David Ford wrote:
> > Thanks Yannick and Chipper
> > I will do a fresh install of FC 12 and give it a try
> > Thanks again
> > David
> >
> > On 24/04/10 11:21, yannick wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Chipper did binary packages for Fedora 12 including the NAT traversal
> >> patch (add STUN support for the audio and video streams).
> >>
> >> Please test them and report here:
> >> http://ekiga.net/yannick/f12/
> >>
> >> (You just need to install opal-3.6.6-1.1.fc12.i686.rpm if your using the
> >> 32 bits version of Fedora, or opal-3.6.6-1.1.fc12.x86_64.rpm if you're
> >> using the 64 bits version)
> >>
> >> Many thanks to Chipper.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Yannick

>     What is "opal?" Is it a replacement for Ekiga? Can I install it on
>     my F-12 box here? Must I remove Ekiga first?
>
>     Bob

OPAL is an Ekiga dependency.

Among other libraries, Ekiga use mainly PTLIB and OPAL.
PTLIB basically offer the hardware management part, while OPAL basically
offers protocols (like H323, SIP) and codecs (like speex, H261,...).
The website for PTLIB and OPAL is here: http://www.opalvoip.org/

Ekiga is build on them. You already have OPAL installed. The version I
propose is the same as the one you have already + a small patch for
better NAT traversal support of the audio and video streams.

You just have to install as I told in the first message, it should just
replace the existing OPAL. Then use Ekiga as usual. (There is no need to
change the Ekiga package, the patch is small and it is binary
compatible)

Best regards,
Yannick