[Ekiga-list] Sound sometimes disabled

Hi all

I'm getting quite frustrated with this app.

I try calling echo iptel org on three separate calls.
The first two calls can work perfectly - the third call there will be a sound problem.

Either:
a) The volume icon on the call screen will be disabled as though all sound is disabled
or
b) The icon will be active but the playback volume control will be at 0 and disabled

These three calls are all placed one after the other, nothing is changed between the calls.
A fourth call will most likely work again.

While 2 out of 3 maybe okay for Meatloaf it's not good enough for me.

I have hunted through various list emails and it would seem there has always been trouble with Ekiga and sound on Linux.
I tried disabling all of the sound controls and just configuring Ekiga but that didn't help either.
I tried various options with Ekiga and the Linux sound preferences, still no change.
I even ran Ekiga in a debug mode to look at the logs, and while there is a heap of messages generated I can't really tell what I'm looking at.

You can view the log at http://focus-computing.com.au/ekiga.log

Does anybody have a solution for this?

PS Skype is running on this same machine (under Linux) and works fine every time.

Cheers
Murray

--
Murray Collingwood