Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga problem on 3g connection (ubuntu 9.10)

2010/4/13 Dave Elliott <davidrelliott gmail com>:
> - ICE: it is used by CounterPath products (eg eyebeam, x-lite), which have
> allowed me to make and receive VOIP calls from behind a symmetric NAT.  So
> it may be the key to VOIP in my situation.  Does that make sense, or is
> their another reason why Eyebeam works from behind a symmetric NAT and ekiga
> does not (using my current vsp, localphone.com)?  I found an Ekiga dev ToDo
> list mentioning ICE implementation, but don't know whether Ekiga currently
> makes use of this technology.  Anyone have an update?

According to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_VoIP_software

empathy & Xlite are the only linux software for ICE support. But I
doubt that you could configure a VOIP-out account on empathy?

--
web perso : http://memeteau.com