[Ekiga-list] Thank you 3.2.6 and question about 1.3MP vs 2.0MP webcam

Aloha,

First, a moment to thank all of those who contribute their time and talents to the continued updates to this project.  Mahalo nui loa (Thank you).

May I solicit commentary from the list members regarding 1.3MP vs 2.0MP webcams?  My university is beginning to roll out desktop video conferencing  (not only internally, but to off-island locations as well).  Is there anything to be gained by spending an extra $50-$80 to upgrade from a 1.3 megapixel camera (e.g. Microsoft LifeCam VX-5000) to a 2.0 megapixel camera (e.g. Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000)?

Has anybody done subjective or quantitative comparisons between cameras in these two classes of quality?  I’m planning on utilizing H.264 extensively, but falling back to H.263 for compatibility when needed.

Thanks again to all  of the developers, testers, and users.

John