Re: [Ekiga-list] 2 Lines, having a preferred one

Le vendredi 30 octobre 2009 à 15:20 +0100, Philipp Kolmann a écrit :

I am new to this list and ekiga in general. We are getting a new VoIP
PBX at my office (Cisco Call Manager 7) and I am testing ekiga with it.

I have 2 Lines on my hardphone and also got the 2 lines as 2 Accounts
registered in Ekiga. Now I have the problem, that when I enter a number
to call in the main window, I never know which line get's used. It seems
it always uses the line that is registered before.

Correct. There is no way to specify another outgoing account if there is only one remote server.
We do not plan implementing that feature because it is a very specific case.

Is there a possibility to specify a preferred dial-out line? From the
Address-Book->right click I can choose which line to use.

Another issue is that both lines are on the same SIP Server (same IP).
Since we have a redundant setup, I use the redundant server for my
second line (other IP) since when I have both lines on the same server,
ekiga seems to have serious troubles.

Do you mean 1 line with 2 different SIP accounts on the same server?
It is supposed to work but support for multiple simultaneous lines is not possible yet.

Damien Sandras

http://www.ekiga.org
http://www.beip.be