[Ekiga-list] Interop with videophones for the deaf

I'm a newbie to this list so please excuse me if I am covering old territory.

Has anyone in the US tried to interop with videophones used by the deaf that are provided by Sorenson, ZVRS, or Purple?

The biggest problem in the US now is that deaf phones as of November 12 must all have a 10 digit phone number.

The reason this is important is for coda (Child of deaf Adults) who do not qualify for the videoconferencing equipment and want to call their parents.