[Ekiga-list] Ekiga and Gigaset IP-phones

Hi,

I'm a total newbie to VoIP.
I've just bought a Gigaset S685IP
and created an Ekiga account.

So Ekiga accounts are alphanumeric addresses but
my Gigaset only deals with numbers, stars* and sharps#.

How can I call a fellow Ekiga account from my IP-phone?
Has each Ekiga account an all-number equivalent?

If not, is there a way to map calling numbers to ekiga accounts
in a similar way as explained in the section "Now to setup Skype users you want to call" of this page:
http://www.mhspot.com/sts/siptosis_ata_howto.html

Could you help me... please?

Thanks,

Olivier