Re: [Ekiga-list] no audio/video with counterpart online+Communications on the same network

SENDING THREE COPIES OF THIS MESSAGE SO THAT ATTACHMENT GETS THROUGH...
MESSAGE NO. 1

* Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> [301009, 23:24]:
> Ennio-Sr wrote:
> > * Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> [231009, 21:55]:
> >> Ennio-Sr wrote:

------ quote ---
Finally, I made some home.net experiments (around 8.00 p.m. GMT):
Having one main PC connected to the router and  a laptop with a wireless
connection to the same router I was able to make a Skype  call between
the two: video and audio worked perfectly.
I tried the same with Ekiga without success (I took so many -d 4 logs
that it is now difficult for me to establish which one is the good one,
but I will repeat this test  and will follow up ASAP). This failure was
happening in very strange circumstances:
------ unquote  ---

Further to my message of yesterday I'm enclosing the -d 4 logs I took on
both computers so that you can hopefully understand why it is not
possible to achieve from Ekiga the same result that was possible from
Skype (i.e. communications among users on the same network)
a. On this trial it was possible to make successful Echo test from both.
b. Laptop-user was seen as "I'm on line with Ekiga" on PC-user display.
c. Sending messages from PC-user to laptop-user raised no error on the
   sender's side (but they were not received by laptop-user).
d. Laptop-user could not see whether PC-user was online and did not
   receice any  message or call.

Thanks for your attention.

--
[Why use Win$ozz (I say) if ... "even a fool can do that.          \\?//
 Do something you aren't good at!" (as Henry Miller used to say)]  (°|°)