[no subject]

90% skype users  ( 14 Millions ) don't even use the callout service. they
just want to call their friends on their computer and use the webcam. Webcam
is a killer app , we all know this.

> In my experience, once people are made aware of these issues, they're not
> so hesitant about switching to real internet telephony services which are
> free
> and also gives you the freedom of choice.

I hate skype and the system behind it but what you say is not true. Usually
, the tehnics and ethics behind a software does not influence people choice.
as long as the software does not cost money , is easy and work well without
any stupid ads or malware, they will use it forever. Look how ubuntu users
wanted ekiga to be removed from defailt ubuntu and be replaced with some
skype shit. that shows how even freeOS users don't care... so Windows
users...

To carry on your thoughts I guess :

- User agent detection to launch the right download as most Websites would
be great. ( at least for windows and mac ( Xmeeting ? ) )

- Static Build for Linux would be great, it's just too complicated to
support the 100 distros. ( I tried to generate a static but failed ..)

--
%<------------------------------------------------------->%
Michel memeteau

--001636c5a440677497046a1b8c4d

Dotan , your remarks are really appreciated and shared IMO. Ekiga website i=
s still too scary for the basic tardeted audience, a few minor changes can =
ass=3D"gmail_quote">

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt=
;<a href=3D"mailto:joerlend schinstad gmail com">joerlend schinstad gmail c=
er-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-l=
eft: 1ex;">

I really don&#39;t understand why anyone would want to submit to Skype, see=
ing<br>
how they&#39;re more expensive than their competitors in many countries, an=
d<br>
cannot even provide connections to the &quot;real&quot; telephony networks =
in many<br>
countries. Not to mention the fact that they use force to keep their<br>
customers from choosing other service providers.<br>
 you&#39;re just 3 clicks away from VideoCalling your friend , whatever his=
 x86 OS is ( almost ).<br><br>90% skype users=A0 ( 14 Millions ) don&#39;t =
even use the callout service. they just want to call their friends on their=
 computer and use the webcam. Webcam is a killer app , we all know this. <b=
r>

=A0</div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid =
rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><br>
In my experience, once people are made aware of these issues, they&#39;re n=
ot<br>
so hesitant about switching to real internet telephony services which are f=
ree<br>
and also gives you the freedom of choice.<br>
u say is not true. Usually , the tehnics and ethics behind a software does =
not influence people choice. as long as the software does not cost money , =
is easy and work well without any stupid ads or malware, they will use it f=
orever. Look how ubuntu users wanted ekiga to be removed from defailt ubunt=
u and be replaced with some skype shit. that shows how even freeOS users do=
n&#39;t care... so Windows users... <br>

to launch the right download as most Websites would be great. ( at least fo=
r windows and mac ( Xmeeting ? ) )<br><br>- Static Build for Linux would be=
 great, it&#39;s just too complicated to support the 100 distros. ( I tried=
 to generate a static but failed ..)=A0 <br>

--------&gt;%<br>Michel memeteau<br>Blog 0.2 : <a href=3D"http://memeteau.f=
ree.fr">http://memeteau.free.fr</a><br>Fixe : =A00974763294 Mobile : 062480=
8051<br>

VOIP | Visio: <a href=3D"mailto:sip%3Afreechelmi ippi fr">sip:freechelmi ip=
xmpp:freechelmi jabber fr</a><br>

--001636c5a440677497046a1b8c4d--